WCTMI has created this program to develop the lives of young middle & high school boys living in underserved communities and among the Black, American Indian/Alaskan Native, and Hispanic people in Kent county, Delaware. The program will host participants struggling with various issues, including mood, decision-making, low self-esteem, and smoking, to build connections to themselves and their communities and provide long-term independent living skills to prevent alternative survival methods.
Our Goals are:
1. To reduce the homicide rate among the target group by teaching them the causes of homicide and its prevention and helping to develop high self-esteem and decision-making skills.
2. Reduce the death rate from drug overdose by providing information on how a substance like Oxycontin & Vicodin can lead to depression and more prone to impulsive suicidal behavior.
3. Reduce Death Rate from Firearms through education on the risks of possessing or being around guns and the danger of being killed by firearms and injuries.
4. Identify ways to increase self-image and build in themselves resources to transition successfully to being happy and successful adults.
5. The ability to make independent decisions; as they get older, they face complex and more critical decisions. The ability to make an independent decision is a skill that needs practice.
About Women and Children Transformation Ministry International (WCTMI)
Mission: Women & Children Transformation Ministry International (WCTMI), Inc.’s mission is to support women and children by helping them become self-sufficient, training them to discover the values and purpose in themselves and reconstruct their lives, deal with their hurt and failures, and learn everyday life tools.
Women & Children Transformation Ministry International’s vision is to engage in cordial collaborative client-centered partnerships with humanitarians, good-willed individuals, academic institutions, businesses, federal and state governments, community agencies, financial institutions, and governments worldwide to increase access to high-quality and affordable optimal holistic care services to reduce disparities for women and children.
Also, WCTMI emphasizes balancing good nutrition, early child-care, education, Mental health, exercise, and spiritual development as ingredients for creating high-quality optimal health status for women and children.
About Our Organization
Women & Children Transformation Ministry International, Inc. (WCTMI)is a tax-exempt 501c3 nonprofit founded in 2016 by Cecelia Snorton. It was her vision to support women and children by helping them become self-sufficient. Cecelia fled from her home during a civil war. In this civil war, her first son was killed, and she saw many abandoned, orphaned, and destitute children living on the street or in refugee camps. She also saw many helpless single women and mothers during this time. After fleeing to America, and climbing her way out of poverty as a new immigrant, the vision of helping women and children was born in 2009.
Since then, she has cultivated WCTMI into a thriving 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. WCTMI promotes developmental life skills, early education for all children, and financial self-sufficiency for women.
WCTMI started with a few volunteers but has since grown and now provides spiritual enrichment classes/workshops, resource assistance, mentoring classes, Counseling, and Annual conferences for women. As it expands its volunteer base, WCTMI has been able to implement Empowerment workshops, Financial management classes, health and nutrition classes, school programs for destitute children abroad, and Annual Conferences through its network of focused community organizations and volunteers. Also, WCTMI recognizes and honors community members for their exemplary work in the community.